About this Journal
- 1.1. Aim and Scope
- 1.2. Publisher
- 1.3. Peer review process
- 1.4. Desk rejection policy
- 1.5. Open Access Statement
- 1.6. Article Processing Charge (APC)
- 1.7. Abstracting & Indexing
- 1.8. Archiving policy
- 1.9. Preprint policy
- 1.10. Metrics
Journal of Health Research (J Health Res) is an open-access and double blinded peer-reviewed international journal by the College of Public Health Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand. J Health Res is devoted to research and current trends in the area of both public health and public health sciences. The journal currently publishes six issues per annum (February, April, June, August, October, and December). From time to time, J Health Res also publishes supplements issue such as conference proceedings. The journal has been indexed in the Scopus since 2018.
1.1. Aim and Scope
J Health Res is devoted to research and current trends in the area of both public health and public health sciences. For public health, the focus is on Epidemiology, Health Behaviors, Community Health, Urban and Global Health, Environmental Health, Occupational Health, Reproductive Health, Herbal and Alternative Medicine and Health Systems Development including Health Policy and Management.
For public health sciences, the focus is on Air Quality and Environmental Pollutants, Biological Evaluation of Herbs and Natural products, Bio-molecular Technology.
Types of Articles
Original research articles: These are full length reports of original research that demonstrate the novel and scientific knowledge that has not been published elsewhere. These articles feature prominent, new and compelling findings that are impactful to other public health professionals and related field researchers.
Review articles: These are comprehensive analyses on specific topic(s). These articles can be systematic review, meta-analysis, and integrative review. They must be more than a summary of published literature and reports. They analyze, summarise, critically evaluates what is being reviewed and finally provide a clear picture of the updated knowledge on a topic. The Journal recommends to use the Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-analyses (PRISMA) Checklist (http://prisma-statement.org/PRISMAStatement/Checklist) and Flow Diagram (http://prisma-statement.org/PRISMAStatement/FlowDiagram) for this paper type.
Short report: The J Health Res welcomes relevant short reports pertaining to public health. The preliminary report describes important observations in a concise fashion. Research results are presented in a relatively limited area of study.
Commentaries: Articles to express an opinion, to reconcile conflicting viewpoints, to analyse different evidence and events, about current public health and related social issues can be submitted by invitation only.
College of Public Health Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
1.3. Peer review process
All manuscripts are first screened and checked for plagiarism using “Turnitin” and "iThenticate", for publication ethics (COPE).
Manuscripts not adhering to the journal guidelines will be returned to the authors without scientific evaluation.
Manuscripts adhering to the journal guidelines will be initially evaluated by editor for their scope, originality, and novelty. The manuscript that passes the initial evaluation will be sent to review by at least two external double-blind reviewers who have areas of expertise related to the submitted manuscripts. The manuscript that failed from initial review will be rejected from further review process. The average time from submission to first decision will be one month.
The editor examines and prepare a decision letter according to the comments and suggestions of the reviewers including detailed instructions to authors on how to revise it and comply to the reviewers' comments. A decision letter is sent to the corresponding author with a recommendation to accept the work with major or minor revisions to the manuscript or to reject the work without further consideration. The average time from submission to final acceptance is 3-4 months.
Average day from submission to first decision takes about 22 days!.
The Editor-in-Chief has the final right/discretion to publish or reject.
Flowchart of the Journal Publication Process.
Each accepted manuscript will be formatted in accordance with the journal style. The Journal retains the right to determine the style, and if necessary, edit and shorten any material accepted for publication. When the galley proof is ready, the Publishing service will send the proof to author (s) to check for its completeness.
Author(s) note that major alterations to the text will not be considered at this stage and they are responsible for all statements made in their work, including changes made by the Editorial team and authorized by the corresponding author.
Once the author gives approval for publication, the Journal will not be held responsible for any mistakes thereafter.
1.4. Desk rejection policy
- The topic / scope of the study is not relevant to the field of the Journal.
- There are publication ethics problems, non-adherence to international standard guidelines and plagiarism ( set at similarity index of higher than 30 percent).
- The topic does not have sufficient impact, nor does it sufficient contribute new knowledge to the field.
- There are flaws in the study design.
- The objective of the study is not clearly stated.
- The study of organization is problematic and / or certain component are missing.
- There are problems in writing or series infelicities of style of grammar.
- The manuscript does not follow the submission guideline of the Journal.
1.5. Open Access Statement / Copyright
Permitted third party (re)use is defined by the following Creative Commons user license: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0). Authors will retain copyright alongside scholarly usage rights and have the right to share their article in the same ways permitted to third parties under the relevant user license (CC BY), as well as scholarly usage rights. Publisher will be granted publishing and distribution rights.
1.6. Article Processing Charge (APC)
APC 1000 USD. The APC is payable only one time when a manuscript is accepted after peer review.
Supplement issues/ProceedingsAll manuscripts are also accepted after peer review. The Journal will charge for publication fees: 100,000 Baht for 10 articles and 200,000 Baht for 11-20 articles (only Thai institutional affiliation). In addition, foreign authors will be charged for 7,000 USD (no greater than 20 articles).
1.7. Abstracting & Indexing
This journal is abstracted and indexed by:
- ASEAN Citation Index (ACI)
- Cabell's Directories
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI),Clarivate Analytics
- Google Scholar
- Health Research Premium Collection (ProQuest)
- Health & Medical Collection (ProQuest)
- Healthcare Administration Database (ProQuest)
- Food Science and Technology Abstracts (FSTA), IFIS Publising, UK
- ISSN Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources (ROAD)
- Nursing & Allied Health Database (ProQuest)
- Nursing & Allied Health Premium (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Central Essentials
- ProQuest Central Student
- ProQuest Central Basic (Korea)
- Public Health Database (ProQuest)
- Publicly Available Content Database (ProQuest)
- Scimago Journal & Country Rank (SJR)
- Summons (ProQuest)
- Thai-Journal Citation Index Centre (TCI)
1.8. Archiving policy
This journal provides perpetual access for all e-journal and book content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
1.9. Preprint policy
- Authors can share their preprint anywhere at any time.
- If accepted for publication, we encourage authors to link from the preprint to their formal publication via its Digital Object Identifier (DOI). Millions of researchers have access to the formal publications on ScienceDirect, and so links will help your users to find, access, cite, and use the best available version.
- Authors can update their preprints on arXiv or RePEc with their accepted manuscript.
- Citation metrics:
- CiteScore: 1.8 (2022), 1.6 (2021), 0.6 (2020)
- SJR: 0.34 (2022), 0.26 (2021)
- SNIP: 0.700 (2022), 0.509 (2021)
- H-Index: 12 (2022), 7 (2021)
- JIF: 1.7(2022)